Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ARTS 308 (Sculpture) - Introduction

Howdy all,

I'm a senior Visualization student here at A&M. This is my last semester of undergraduate classes, and I hope to graduate in August and go straight into the MS-VIZ program from there.

ARTS 308 is my last directed elective, and I took it because I'm curious about what I can learn about physical sculpture, I want to develop more traditional art skills, the class fit my schedule well and I like the way Hwaryoung formats her classes.

Over the years at A&M, I did a few sculptures in VIST 106 with Dick Davison. The two most notable ones were a subtractive sculpture made of florist foam and, of course, my robot sculpture:



While I've done a lot of practical, narrative, representative sculpture in the past, I'm interested in developing an interest in abstract forms in sculpture and developing higher mastery of materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment